Question
Posted by: Jude | 2005/06/21

HRT & skin pigmentation

Im wondering how does a person taking HRT or the contraceptive pill get skin pigmentation on their face. Does these patches only occur if you are in direct sunlight or can it happen even if youre not exposed to the sun? I know the sun does make it worse just not sure about the cause of it. I have very sensitive skin and on HRT, I use a good sunblock but Im worried if the cause of the pigmentation is only taking HRT and not going into direct sunlight.

The pigmentation is worse if you atre exposed to sun, but can occur even if you are not. Oestrogen stimulates the cells which produce pigment.