Question
Posted by: Trisha | 2004/10/25

HRT - Combination

The HRT that I've been on for the last six years is Trivina, combination of oestrogen & progesterone - is it the combination that is bad for you? I've been feeling wonderful but have heard that it can cause cancer and am wondering if I should stop.

There are advantages and disadvantages to HRT. The advantages are that it relieves symptoms and protects against osteoporosis and colon cancer. The disadvantage is a slight increase in breast cancer. You will have to weight up the risks and benefits for yourself.