Posted by: Kevin | 2008/01/23


Hi, Im a 45year old Male. Ive recently been put on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) by my Doctor due to blood results showing very low Testosterone levels. Ive been prescribed Depotrone at 200mg/week. Ive been getting the nurse to inject me every week but my Doc recommends I can self-inject to save time instead of going there every week. Ive purchased needles and syringes but am no 100% sure on the injection process. I'll be injecting into my quads and glutes. Please can you explain to me the injection process or direct me to a website where they explain what to do. These injections are intra-muscular so I dont need to worry about the air bubbles right?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Kevin
Best will be to have the nurse teach you the proper technique. Although you don't have to worry as much about air bubbles, this can cause pain in the muscle ( the volume can tear the muscle fibres), and then you need to be sure that you don't inject into a nerve or a blood vessel, so how to check for this and where to inject is important.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mmmmmmm | 2008/01/24

steroid dot com will give you all the info you need. 200 mg Depo(Test Cyp) is more than most people take - the norm seems to be 100mg Test Enan.

Reply to Mmmmmmm

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.