Question
Posted by: ak | 2004/01/14

HRT

WHEN DOES ONE NEED HRT. I AM VERY TIRED, IRRITABLE AND ALWAYS EXHAUSTED. HAS THIS TO DO WITH HORMONES? WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS? I ALSO GET SEVERE HEADACHES THAT DO NOT GO AWAY AND IT IS EXTREMELY EXHAUSTING IT SEEMS TO SAP ALL MY ENERGY I TAKE PAINKILLERS BUT ONCE IT HAS WORN OFF I HAVE TO TAKE IT AGAIN - I AM AFRAID MY KIDNEYS CANT HANDLE IT ANY MORE - IS THERE A SOLUTION? OR IS IT JUST SEVERE PMS AND IS THERE A CURE?
I DONT HAVE ENERGY DONT MIX WITH PEOPLE AND ALWAYS AM TIRED. PLEASE HELP

HRT is taken if you are menopausal. You don't say how old you are. If you are over 40, these symptoms could be related to the menopause. However, the best sign of this is when your periods stop. This is usually when HRT is started. If you are younger, tiredness and irritability are usually not relaetd to hormones but more to your lifestyle and work demands.