Question
Posted by: marianne | 2003/12/05

hrt

In Europe something new is available for treating hot flushes. It is made from "hop" (the plant used to make beer). Is this available in SA? Where would I find info. about this? I have been on HRT (estrofem) for over 10 years and would like to stop. Without my HRT my hot flushes are unbearable. I am 58 and have put on a lot of weight during the last 6 months (over 5 kgs ) could this be due to HRT?
Marianne.

Marianne, I know of products based on soya, but I’m not too sure about something made from hops that can take the place of HRT. If you can get me the name and let me know as a new question, I might be able to help. Good luck.