Question
Posted by: tori | 2008/05/23

hrlp

the name of the website is wwwskinnycosmeticscouk and please give me your opinion and it it worth importing and the heliocare where can i get it i am in claremont inwesten cape area and it is very important that it does not make my face white it looks very odd

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tori, thank you for the question.

The active ingredients in Skinny’s products are alpha lipoic acid (ALA), co-enzyme Q10 (Co-Q10), and acetyl L carnitine (ALC). Both ALA and Co-Q10 can be found in topical products such as Dr Perricone and Skin Nutrition. I cannot find any evidence that topical ALC has been shown to penetrate the skin and produce a benefit, on the other hand orally ingested supplements with Co-Q10 have been shown to produce a number of benefits to the skin.

Heliocare can only be purchased at a doctor’s room that dispenses the Heliocare range. One option is to phone Genop Healthcare (011 5456600) and ask for the closest dispensing doctor to you or contact my rooms at 021 797 0960.