Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2007/12/03

HR 230, test results

Hello Dr Bets,
I just got my test results: Blood test to test for infections - normal; full blood count - normal; thyriod - normal; ECG - normal, apart from very high HR; Holter ECG normal, apart from very high HR. He said that he does not know what is causing my high HR, but it could be the Mitral Valve Prolapse. He also said I must not worry about the chest pain, it is not dangerous. I asked him - if everything is normal - can I then go off the drugs? He said that he really does not think I will be ok without the drugs. I said to him that I would like to fall pregnant in the nearby future. So he changed Isoptin SR to Concor 2,5mg. He said Concor should be ok with pregnancy. He said I must let him know in a weeks time if there is a problem with Concor (especially in terms of asthma). I know at least some of my symptoms is related to the Isoptin, so maybe it will go better with the Concor :-) I am still taking: Flixonase, SlowK, Trepiline 10mg, Pantoloc40 and Zyrtec. Is any of these drugs not safe to take during pregnancy? Thanks Doctor!

Hallo Ruby
Flixonase:Studies on animals show adverse effect and toxicity on fetus. No adequate and well controlled studies done on pregnant women. Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus
Slow K:No adequate and well controlled studies done on pregnant women but probably OK
Trepilene: Positive evidence of human fetal risk exists. Potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks (e.g. life threatening situations or serious illness).
Pantoloc: Controlled studies done on animals in reproduction do not indicate risk to the fetus. No adequate and well-controlled studies done on pregnant women.
Zyrtec:Controlled studies done on animals in reproduction do not indicate risk to the fetus. No adequate and well-controlled studies done on pregnant women.
(From http://www.safefetus.com/index.htm)
Hope it goes better on the Concor!

2
Posted by: Analine | 2008/09/26

I get headaches almost everyday. Can Tramacet be used when pregnant? I do take panado, but it doesn' t always seems to help.Pls advise.. Regards

Reply to Analine
Posted by: Ruby | 2007/12/03

Thanks Dr Bets!! It really sounds like it is worthwhile for me to wait and see if I cant get off most of the medication before I fall pregnant. I will ask the Doc I see in Jan if it is really necessary for me to be on all of that. Hopefully I can get away with just Concor and SlowK... Thanks for you help, really appreciate it :-)

Reply to Ruby