Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2007/11/29

HR 230, been to cardio doc...

Hello Dr Bets,
I have been (finally) to see the cardio doctor. Fortunately my heart rate was very irregular when they took the ECG. He decided to double the Isoptin. Took blood tests for Thyroid, full blood count and something else, I cant remember. I will have the results of that tomorrow. He said it could be either a thyriod problem, an anemia problem or arrythmia problem. He also gave me a holter monitor to take ecg for 24 hours. I will have the results of that on Monday. He said that I must go to ER if I get high heart rates like that again and ask that they take an ECG. I have been VERY dizzy this morning (I also told the doctor). Today after I saw the doctor, I was feeling dizzy while sitting down and then also got blurred vision. It happened 3 times. This is the first time I had that. Was a bit scary... Is this also related to all the rest? I will post the results as soon as I get them from the doctor. Thanks for all you help! Ruby

Hi Ruby
The dizziness is because the heart pumps irregularly and then the poor brain does not get the oxygen rich blood it should! If this happens just lie flat for a few minutes - it should help.
I would like to know what the tests revealed? (Just remember that I will only be on line on Monday again as Dr Burger covers Fri-Sun)