Question
Posted by: she | 2007/07/26

HPV; CIN II and monogamy

If HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, how can it occur in couples that remain monogamous. I was tested a year ago with a clear result and now have the high risk strain of HPV. If mt partner and I have been faithful, where could we have contracted this virus?

Have a look at this website for more information.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#Howget

3
Posted by: she | 2007/07/27

How can you contract the virus other than through sex?? We have been together for 20 years, and all my pap smears have not shown any HPV.

Reply to she
Posted by: sorry | 2007/07/27

You both might be totally faithful in your marriage, but one of you might have been infected before your marriage. Again, there's a chance infection might not have been sexually transmitted.

Unfortunately there also a reality that, you might have been faithful and you know for sure you were. But is your partner telling the truth?

I'm sorry that you and family are going through that, you both should go for counselling

Reply to sorry
Posted by: sorry | 2007/07/27

Reply to sorry