Question
Posted by: L | 2007/03/22

HPV and CIN 2 abnormal cells

I have the high risk HPV virus and will be going for surgery to remove abnormal cells(CIN2).How can I prevent it from coming back after the surgery?Is abstinence and condoms the only solutuion as I will be engaged in this year and do not want to have sex with a condom for the rest of my life if it will be with my life parnter. He is going for a HPV test, what will happen if he has it and we have sex without a condom? Will the abnormal cells come back?Please help!

Unfortunately, once you have the HPV virus, you are at risk. Sex with condoms will not take away this risk now. The cells can be removed but they may recur, so you must have regular pap smears.