Question
Posted by: worried | 2007/08/12

HPV

I have been having regular yearly pap's for many years, and they always came back normal. However, three years ago, I received my first abnormal paps. The dr did a colposcopy and biopsy, which came back good. they told me however that I had HPV. And that it was something I would always have. I returned to the dr. 6 mos later and had more abnormal results, I guess due to the HPV> However my last 3 have came back normal.
Could this mean that I know longer have the HPV??

No, it just means that the effects of the HPV have been treated.

1
Posted by: worried | 2007/08/14

Will this always be an issue, reaccuring to deal with??
I have regular check ups, but it scares me a bit to think that may chances of cervical cancer are higher. I have another question. If I had been with the same partner for years, and suddenly diagnosed with HPV, does that mean that he possibly cheated on me?? We are not together now, but I was wondering if my suspicions of him being unfaithful could be validated by this/??? Or how exactly could I have gotten it/?

Reply to worried