Question
Posted by: Liezel | 2007/04/30

HPV

I most likely had some genital warts 4 years ago (for a period of about 18 months). They went away on their own - I was too embarassed to go to the doctor.

About two months ago I finally went to see the doctor about this - even though it has cleared up almost 2 years ago. She assured me that I am fine and said that I can have sex... To make sure I went to another doctor for a second opnion and was told exactly the same.

Is their still a posilbity that I can infect my partner, even if they seem to be gone and BOTH doctors said that I can have sex again?

Help me please as the info on the net etc. seems to be a bit contradictory.

Warts are caused by the HPV virus. This can be present even if there are no warts. This does not mean that you should not have sex. You could transmit the virus, but men are generally asymptomatic.

3
Posted by: Liezel | 2007/05/02

Doc....

I really DON'T want to pass this on to my partner. What are my options if any?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Liezel | 2007/05/02

Hi Nic

I am 27 and smears are normal... but still concerned about the occurance that I had and I DO NOT want to pass it on to my partner.

As explained to me the smears will be normal as it is a different strain of HPV that causes the warts.

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Nic | 2007/05/01

How old are you Liezel and are your pap smears normal with no indication of HPV?

Reply to Nic