Question
Posted by: MAK | 2003/03/06

H.P.V

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG A MALE CAN HAVE H.P.V AND IF IT CAN GO IN TIME. HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE H.P.V IN A FEMALE TO GET TO THE MODERATE STAGE OF CERVICAL CANCER?

HPV can be present in both men and women for many years without causing any symptoms at all. It can sometimes disappear spontaneously. In terms of the association with cervical cancer, many women with HPV never develop cervical cancer, though the chances are higher than if you did not have HPV. It is not really possible to say how long HPV has to be present before cervical cancer starts, as this varies and may never happen in many women.

1
Posted by: MAK | 2003/03/07

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT I HAVE GOT HPV FROM MY HUSBAND. HE HAD AN AFFAIR ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO. (GOT THE PROOF THAT I NEEDED) HOW CAN I FIND MORE INFO ABOUT IT. I HAVE TO HAVE D & C. THEY ARE GOING TO CORTARISE MY CERVIC AND DO A BIOPSY WHICH MY PAP SMEAR SAYS WAS CAUSED BY THAT. NEED MORE INFO BEFORE CONFRONTING HUSBAND. I BELIEVE THAT MEN DO NOT SHOW ANY SIGNS OF HAVING HPV. NEED ADVISE!!!!

Reply to MAK