Question
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/17

HPT Question...

Hi there,

I had my 3rd IUI 11 days ago. The trigger (HCG) shot was 12 days ago and apparently it can stay in your system for up to 10 days - so it should be out by now.

I was naughty this morning and did a urine hpt. I am only due to do a blood test on Monday (day14) but I like to be prepared for the outcome. The test said not to read it after 5 minutes and that after several hours, you may get a faint positive because the chemicals keep reacting hours after the test.

I read the test after 5 minutes and it was negative, but when I looked after 10-12 minutes, there was the faintest positive (almost like a watermark, but I could just see it). I have never seen a line in the +ve window (and I've hpt'd a lot over the past 18 months).

Could it be the chemical reaction because I read it again after 5 minutes? I'm so scared to let myself get excited by this...
PS My boobs have also been SO sore for the past few days. I'm sure I'd remember if they were always this sore before my period..

Obviously I'll test again if I don't have spotting as usual in the 3 days before my period, but just wanted some opinions.

Thanks,
Nix
x

Reading the test late does not give an accurate result. You should not take this into account.

5
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/17

Thanks guys, haven't let myself get excited yet!

Pokkel, sorry to hear your news. Please let me know the doc's feedback and good luck!

love
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Sun | 2004/12/17

Hi Nix

The profassi messes with your hormone levels. I do hope that it is postive but rather wait for the blood test

Good Luck
Sun

Reply to Sun
Posted by: Jay | 2004/12/17

Hi Nix

All I can suggest is that you wait it out. I too have had a very second faint line before and was not preggies, this was only after having the HCG injection. I truly, truly hope this is it for you, but just wait it out. It could be that the hormone is still in your system, or else this could be it!!!!! All the best my friend. Have a good weekend.
JAy

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/12/17

Hi Nix

I had exactly the same last month. When my period was due, I waited for one day and tested - and I got a faint line, but very faint. Then I tested 2 days later, and the line was faint again. I decided not te get exited, unless i do a test and get a very definite postive.... My period arrived on the next day...

I don't want to boost your exitement, and I still believe that you will be lucky.. but the only thing you can do now is W-a-i-t... Test again tomorow or Sunday, and please let us know by monday.

I went for my day 10 scan this morning - Doc found a huge egg - already measuring 26" - apparantly this is not good. The egg should not be this big by day 10, and my doc believes that it might be a cyst...., but he is not sure. He contacted another doc in Jo-burg called Dr Stefan Volschenk for a second opinion. They are concerned about this big egg, and what could have caused this....
i was sent for bloodtests to test my estrogeen and progesterone levels. Doc will phone me back later.
I will let you know...

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/17

In the 12 months of trying, I always kept the stick for at least 24 hours after I tested, and not once did a fake line appear, When I got pregnant, I kept one stick and it made a very faint line after a few hours, in the days after this it just became darker, I tested 48 hours later for a very definate positive result.

Hope this helps and I hope it worked for you...

Jessica

Reply to Jessica