Question
Posted by: Also TTC | 2007/02/23

HPT Faint second line??

Why is it that most of the time I get a faint second line when I do an HPT. Did one this morning and yet again there was this faint second line, but this is the 3rd month I got that second line and I wasn't pregnant the previous two months. The tests say that a faint line is a positive, but it is not in my case, so what is going on then? The second line appears after two minutes or so.

You should read the test after 60 seconds. Thereafter it denatures and is not accurate.

4
Posted by: Lu | 2007/02/23

I got a positive on Monday, did another two test on Monday and Tuesday both negative and then my period started Wednesday. :-(
I also believed that one can only get false negatives and not false positives.
But holding thumbs for you...good luck!
Lu

Reply to Lu
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/23

Usually the tests are pretty accurate but I do have a friend who got false positives a few times like you. I guess it can happen that the test is wrong:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Also TTC | 2007/02/23

No, it is not grey or clear, it is light pink

Reply to Also TTC
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/23

You don't say whether the line has a colour or if it's grey or clear. If it's grey or clear it's an evapouration line:)

Reply to Maya