Question
Posted by: LOVEY | 2004/11/16

HOW WILL I KNOW?

I MIGHT BE PREGGIES AND NOT KNOW! HOW WILL I KNOW IF I`M OVULATING OR NOT?MY PERIOD WAS ON THE 09 NOV AND I DRANK TRIPASIL(WHITE PILLS)TO STOP IT ON THE 12NOV.DID I MESS UP MY SYSTEM?WHEN IS MY OVULATING DATE?

If you only took Triphasil for a few days, you will have messed up your cycle. It will not be possible to work out your ovulation date this month. Wait for next month when things are back to normal.

2
Posted by: LOVEY | 2004/11/16

THANKS GOLLY I`L TRY YOUR TIP AS SOON AS POSIBLE.HOPE U GET WHAT U WANT.

Reply to LOVEY
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/16

Lovey,
Do you want to fall pregnant? In that case, you should stop using all contraceptives (including Triphasil). Start plotting your cycle length and period days on a calendar. Once your cycle length stabilizes (plus or minus a day or two to either side), you can start to calculate your ovulation date.

Day one of your cycle is the day your period starts. If your cycles are stable, count forward to the next expected period (say 30 days). Then count backward 14 days. That date and the preceding 2 days as well as the 2 days after indicates your fertile period where you are most likely to ovulate. You do not ovulate on day 14 every cycle but knowing your window of fertility will help you. Sometimes there is a clear mucous discharge which may indicate that you are in your fertile period. But some women so not have as much mucous and may be unable to see this sign.

Best to keep a fertility calendar and stop using meds which may interfere with your cycles. Also remember that stress and illness can influence your cycles and ovulation dates.

Reply to Golly