Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/03/09

how wierd is this

for the past few weeks i have had gross haematuria, really deep red and with clots. i read somewhere that cranberry juice was good for your bladder so i bought a few bottles and today my urine is clearer than it has been in weeks.( I know that the bleeding was caused by a polyp in my bladder and i am having it removed on tuesday) but it seems like cranberry juice works to clear up bladder infections, or maybe its just co-incidence.

Dear Bleeding
Cranberry juice does help for urinary tract infection due producing hippuric acid in the urine which acidifies the urine and prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder

4
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/03/09

thanks anxious
im having the following done on tuesday:-

cytoscopy, 2X retrograde pyelogram, introduction contrast, uteric catheter, internal urethrotomy, tur bladder tumor
whatever all that means.

i cant say im not pooping myself
thank goodness i will be asleep

Reply to bleeding
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/09

I hear what you are saying Bleeding, but I wasn't suggesting for 1 min that cranberry can cure bladder cancer, I was merely saying that there doesn't seem to be enough concrete evidene to support cranberry juice preventing bladder infections, but maybe your system reacted positively to drinking it! Which would be great,right? Let's face there is no harm in drinking cranberry juice anyway, but I just think, that according to my urologist, one mustn't get one's hopes up that it will prevent or cure bladder infections (NB: I am talking bladder infections here, NOT cancer!)

Hope you get your problems sorted out soon.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/03/09

dont get me wromg anxious, i would never use cranberries as a "cure" for bladder cancer, the only cure is the removal of the polyp of growth, i just thought it was incredible how quickly the gross haematuria cleared up after drinking it. ,aybe it would have just cleared up anyway, who knows?

Reply to bleeding
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/09

It might be a co-incidence. Cranberry can help to a certain extent with bladder problems, but my urologists that I have dealt with and my current urologist say there is not enough concrete evidence to justify that it can definitely prevent bladder infections.

Reply to anxious