Question
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2007/06/19

How to tell you're life's a mess

You know you're in a mess when:-

1. Your cat killed a mouse, left it in the middle of the lounge floor and you leave it there - it can wait until you get home.

2. You stuck behind a super tanker going 5km/hour in morning traffic and you make no attempt to overtake it so you crawl to work.

3. You new in a company and already you've pissed your boss off 'cos you've taken 2 days off and you're not even sick and then he gives you a look that could kill and you shrug it off and carry on making your tea.

4. You spend your whole day watching the clock until knock-off time.

5. You wash your medication down with a beer.

6. You feel like the living dead.

7. You just don't give a continental shit about anything.

As for 1, maybe your cat has put it aside for a snack --- who are we to deprive him of that ?
Good response from joey. Hope the new job possibility works out

7
Posted by: joey | 2007/06/19

Well good luck with the job application - hope you get it and its what you want, but make sure this time. You don't want to end up in the same situation and have to leave after a short time again - bad for your work record.

Reply to joey

Hi Joey,

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I need to change my attitude firstly. I am just sitting here in order to pay the bills so I guess that makes it worse when you know you ain't gonna stick around. I do have something in the pipeline out in Fourways and this job seems pretty solid. Well I am 80% home with it. I'm going to see them this week to discuss salary, etc. Anyway, thanks for your reply and have a lovely day.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: joey | 2007/06/19

Jenny it seems that the job which you're doing is the reason that you are so down right now judging by all your posts and you're on so much medication which is obviously not doing the trick, but sometimes medication can't help and its the situation which must change. Think of it like this - you are not going to be in this job which you are doing for long - its only paying the bills which you need it to do - its not a lifetime sentence. You're obviously looking out for something else so there is an end in sight and you must be doing something constructive to change your situation - at least I hope you are because you can't keep on feeling this way about your job and not do something about it. Try and think in a more positive light it really does help you know and will put you in a much better frame of mind when you go for interviews etc. In the mean time think of something each day which you really want to do and do it. Does'nt have to be something big but something that you can look forward to and enjoy like going out for lunch at a nice place or buying a bar of chocolate or planting a nice plant in the garden or reading a good book - some nice treat which could just pick up your day and take your mind off all the doom and gloom. And please please start looking beyond the job you have at the moment - its not going to be there forever. Have you tried going to the gym and getting fit. Gyming actually releases certain chemicals into your body which can give you a natural high and helps tremendously with depression - then maybe you can throw all the pills away one day.

Reply to joey

Yes. Lithium, fluoxetine, fluanxol. Fluoxetine (Prozac) has given me a massive headache which kept me up all night and I look like crap today. Right eye blurry as well so you can imagine how I feel and the people in this company don't exactly make one feel welcome. Small company. They are not nasty but not friendly either. 2 girls in the one office who stick to each other like glue and a man in the other next to me and I sit in the middle office between them. Not a talkative lot at all so I pretty much feel a little bit out here and I sit until 02:00 without saying a word to anyone. When I do try to make conversation they respond by answering to what you have just said but that's about it!! Hmm, I don't think I'll stick around for long and maybe they can sense it.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: CPM | 2007/06/19

Anti Depressants

Reply to CPM

Hi CP Mom - what's ad's?

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/06/19

Been there, but I've never jeapordised (spelling?) my job - needed the bucks to support me and my child....Are you on ad's ?

Reply to CP MOM