Question
Posted by: Dean | 2005/07/23

How to tell?

Howzit, I think my brother is gay. He's 26, hasn't ever had a girl-friend and kinda sticks to himself. He's seriously good-looking and I wish he'd just come out and say "I'M GAY" and get on with it, and meet someone wonderful and be happy. How can I tell if he's gay?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Howzit Dean

Your intentions are obviously good but while you may suspect that your brother is gay, there's no way you can be sure unless he discloses this. Many straight guys don't have girl-friends. Maybe he's just secretive. It shouldn't matter to you whether he's gay or not.

If he is gay, he'll come out when he's ready to do so.