Question
Posted by: Carmen | 2008/01/29

How to stop cutting

I am a cutter, I want to stop because I know it is not healthy, but it does help with releasing feelings and emotions, but I can't seem to stop, the longest I have been able to not cut or burn is 6 months. It is as though I am addicted to it. How does one stop cutting, and actually express feelings in a normal way.

It may be hard to do all this on your own --- see a good local psychologist and work on this together. And you may find some of our previous postings about cutting / self-mutilation, in the archives of this forum, to be helpful.

1
Posted by: Piet | 2008/09/14

How to stop cutting

Reply to Piet