Question
Posted by: Chantell9 | 2004/09/22

How to start working on those targeted places on your body when exersicing?

Hello Doc

I am a 22 yr old that has been trying to live a balanced and healthy life, and i started taking supplements like multi vitamins, folic acid and calcium and magnesium, i eat a healthy breakfast every morning with a fruit, lunch i eat a sandwich that includes a bit fat, protein, fibre and carbohydrate and supper a light cooked meal with veggies. But when exercising i do a couple of sit ups and push ups about three times a week, but my targeted areas are my tummy, hips and bumms, so what kind of exercises should i start doing, and oh i drink about 4-6 glasses of water everyday with a dry lemon twice a week. So please help me on the fitness, toning area. Thank you, i hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Chantell

What is missing from your programme is cardiovascular exercise, such as running, cycling, aerobics etc. This type of exercise, which is ideally done 4 to 5 times a week, and lasts for between 30 and 45 minutes per session, is the most important exercise for combatting fat, especially in specific areas. The truth is that you cannot reduce fat around the specific areas by only doing things like situps and crunches. They will help, but only very slightly, and it's the cardio training that you really need to add. So, what I would suggest is 4 days a week to start with, where you do this type of activity. You don't have to be at a gym either - summer is coming up, so the weather is suitable for outdoor exercise. Activities like running and walking are good to start with.

Other than this, your programme sounds fine, though I am no dietician and so not the best person to advise on diet. I do worry that it sounds like your eating plan is very minimal, and less is not better when it comes to diet and so I would encourage to see a dietician for advice on this.

I hope this helps

1
Posted by: Mads | 2004/09/29

You can also try using Herbalife together with your training programme. Herbalife is a leader in developing the most advanced weight-management products. These products are based on advances in food science, micronutrient supplementation and herbal science.

Their dietary programs can help you manage your weight and enhance your fitness level.

For more info, go to newdietco.com/mad4jt

Reply to Mads