Question
Posted by: jo ann | 2007/06/20

how to separate

I have been with him for two and a have yrs now. In the beggining it was fine as ther was no commitment i was going through a divorce. My divorce went through and he wanted to own me. He beat me up several times i even left town. he followed me to the next town and begged for forgiveness. We started were we ended and problems started again. he is very insecure and jealous. He goes through my phone and listens to convesations. I cannot have a private moment as he wants to be next to me 24/7.I love him yes but sometimes i need my space and he doesnt understand what i mean. He thinks i want to go out with other men.We fight over petty issues and it happens frequently. I am afraid he will kill me and kill himself if i leave him. He says he will do it anyway.What do i do?

He abused you. He is insecure, and excessively jealous, and spies on you. He wants to own and control you, not to have an adult relationship with you. What is there to love about all that ? At least insist that he join you in seeing a relationship counsellor ( eg through FAMSA ). But he sounds more like a candidate for getting a restraining order from a court, and after carefully consulting with POWA, planning a safe departure. Don't stay within an abusive relationship because he threatens to harm himself, and get help to ensure that he is not allowed to harm you

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/20

Not if you kill him first... Just joking!

Get a restraining order against him...

Reply to Echelle