Question
Posted by: Miliano | 2007/04/02

How to move on?

I am a 33 male, who after 2 years with my girlfriend who I loved dearly, found out she was with another guy. The worst part is we work in the same biuding and well it hurts alot. I find if I avoid her it helps alot but until I run into her again and I am shattered. Doc, this is taking over my life, she is very quite at work and I keep reading signs whenever I see her. I know only time will heal this but how to approach it mentally when I see her is destroying me. I am normal and friendly towards her, but a few minutes later I am shattered. It has been 3 months since our separation and well I am not moving ff...

Pls advise!

See a counsllor, preferably of the CBT format, to work on managing to work through this and to become much less vulnerable to feeling so shattered when you see her. You can achieve this

4
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/02

Miliano

Time is the only thing that helps these kinds of situations. It hurts less after a while - and once you meet someone else, you have a new focus and it becomes a thing of the past that you can deal with. Just give yourself time

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/02

Doc?? CP MOM's not the Doc Miliano..CS is..and i'm sure he'll reply soon..he's replies are usually in a yellow shaded block..so look out for it okay?? hehee..how's is feel CP MOM?

Reply to Joy
Posted by: Miliano | 2007/04/02

Thanks Doc! I guess I need to hear it. God Bless You.

Reply to Miliano
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/04/02

Nothing hurts like being cheated on....and you cant take this girl back even if you feel you want to because how do you know she won't do it again?

Right now I know you don't want to hear this but time DOES heal some times it just take so much longer than we want it to take...

Hang in there it will get better in time

Reply to CP MOM