Posted by: Alice | 2008/07/08

How to Love...

I have been told I do not know how to love... I am emotionally challenged. I am a realist and aloof and my husband a dreamer and very emotional. I am at wits end... Where do I go for help?

You are talking slightly different languages --- see a ood marriage counsellor to help with the translation, and so as to understand each other better

Posted by: Yes | 2008/07/09

Easy to judge people. I just got devorced because of the same reason. But this is who I am.

Reply to Yes
Posted by: T | 2008/07/08

thanx Ja! exactly what i needed :-)

Reply to T
Posted by: Ja | 2008/07/08

I Corinthians 13
13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
13:3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
13:4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;
13:5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
13:6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.
13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
13:8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
13:9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;
13:10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.
13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.
13:13 So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: -|||- | 2008/07/08

Donno where to refer you to, but how about trying for a start to get your head around loving unconditionally. I’m 46 yrs old and it seems I haven’t even mastered this first step properly ! Being realistic and aloof (I hope this means aloof in the good sense of the word !) can easily make people experience you as being judgemental or thinking that you are ‘better’. Being judgemental does not only reflect on human beings around you, it actually boils down to us denying God as Master of the universe and disapproving of how He has created people and things around us. Thinking about it in this fashion changed my attitude towards life dramatically. And please don’t think that I’m trying to preach to you. This is an everyday battle to me.

Reply to -|||-