Posted by: BB | 2008/12/18

How to leave!!

I need to get out of a relationship of eight yrs.
I tried to do so two yrs ago and my partner charged me for removing my own stuff, later laughed and said he did it for me to stay.When drunk he is so wicked, there is actually glee that shines out of him, he said I was wasting my time as his money pays for all.Ofcourse I have no proof therefore couldn' t take it up with aurthorities.
Although his known to bribe all gov staff to get wht he wants, nothing I could do but lump it.
Over the yrs as women do to make a beautiful home I bought lots of stuff of which he claims, some of it I don' t have receipts as its a long time ago.
I need to know is there such a thing as breach of promise?some say there is no common law wife thing, this guy has used and abused me for yrs.
I can' t go on any longer this way, he promise' s he will change, seek help but a few weeks later comes up with excuse' s and no help is sought.
Last week I bought lots of good on the bidorbuy, he walked into the post office demanding to open up all the parcels.
I told him not to do so in public, said it' s his money that pd, when I asked him not to he said then I must not investigate what his doing on his laptop.
His on this laptop till morning, I normally fall asleep so don' t know what is going on.
That night I saw a pic of a cell ph and queried if he was buying a new one, he screeched at me, saying you wouldn' t allow me to open up the packages but you now minding my business.
He did though get to open up the packages when we got home, most of them were gifts for him and family of which he claimed the lot and the rest was bedding, there was nothing for me I seem to be one that cares and does more for others than myself.
Can someone tell me how to get out here, I have on a number of times written to POWA but no one responds to my mail.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Don't accept the self-serving statements of this selfish guy, but get a good legal opinion for yourself. If tyou have been together for so long, you do have some rights. And if you bought lots of stuff, even if you have not kept receipts etc ( and you may be able to get old bank statements to support your claims ) a court can't simply accept his claim that he bought everything, unless HE can produce proof to back his own claims.
This is NOT about "breach of promise", buit you do have some rights --- SEE A LAWYER. Try calling POWA, instead of only writing.
Stop buying stuff for the home, and especially stop buying gifts for him.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/12/18

Go to your nearest university they ususally have law clinics, like wits or unisa then they will advise you better as lawyers don' t come cheap. it is usually difficult to claim for some things that you can' t prove ownership of but never give up where there is a will there is a way!


Reply to Lolo

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.