Question
Posted by: Husky | 2007/03/05

How to help a friend

I have a wonderful friend who I would love to help but am not sure how. She has ADHD and I am convinced bipolar as well. From being the most caring friend I have, she has turned into a manic self absorbed person who does not sleep and goes on spending sprees. I do not feel I can interfere, but would like to know what I can do. She is on medication for the ADHD, but it does not seem to be working that well. Would sleep therapy help and how do I suggest she goes for it? I know she can get better with support and therapy.

YOu can only help by being supportive and understanding. But she needs to see a proper psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and a discussion of treatment options after that.
Sleep Therapy is a totally quack procedure, not recognized ( except as a quack and dangeous and ineffective treatment ) by ANY official body or expert group on earth. NOBODY should EVER undergo sleep therapy, and people should steer clear of any quack who offers to provide it.