Question
Posted by: Stephane | 2006/07/30

how to go about gender reassignment

hi my name is Stephane, and im 19 y/o. My family and i have decided that the time is finally ripe for me to start with gender reassignment therapy.
I have wanted to do this since Gr 5, and have read extensively on the subject. My problem is i dont know where i can find doctors in Pretoria with whom i can consult on this matter, and i am hoping u could recommend me to someone and help get the process started.

feel free to make use of my personal and contact info.

Thanx, :) !

Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Hi Stephane,

Are you looking for endocronologists (to see, consult and subscribe hormones) or are you looking for names of psychologists? I am not sure where you need to start at, meaning are you already seeing a therapist and where in the process you are. If you let me know with a bit more detail, it will be easier to make recommendations. You can mail me at liesl@genderdynamix.co.za or post more on this forum.

Hope to hear soon again from you
Liesl

3
Posted by: TIna | 2006/07/31

Stephane, seeing CR Collin will allow you access to all the medical treatment you require and at far less cost to you then try to go privately, hence my recommendation.

Reply to TIna
Posted by: Stephane | 2006/07/31

I have been with my present psychologist Dr L Van Der Merwe for little over a year now, and i now i have all the support i need.
If u however think I should rather consult with the Doctor Tina recommended I will see what I can do.
When I posted my intention was getting recommendations on endocrynologists and types of treatment available.

caio, Stephane!

Reply to Stephane
Posted by: Tina | 2006/07/31

Welcome here Stephane and allow me first of all to congratulate you for being in such a fortunate position to have a wonder family to support you.

I would suggest you waste no time in going to one of the best professional psychiatrists in PTA who is equiped to deal with gender identity issues.

He is DR Franco Collin and his consulting offices are in Wilgeheuwels, just below the Hostpital complex.

His office can be contacted at 012 807 3568.

His assistants are very helpful and will be able to provide you with directions and the costs per session when making an appointment.

If you like further assistance and support feel free to post here.

Reply to Tina