Question
Posted by: annonymous | 2004/12/06

How to get over a girl

I tried to have a realtionship with a girl at work. We know eachother for about 4 years. We have very similar views on life and we got along very well. She never gave me direct hints that she wants our friendship to grow in something more. I was not interested in her either but when she went on leave i realized how i really felt about her. When she came back i told her how i felt and it was all downhill from there. She stopped speaking to me like we use to and when i try to bring the subject up again she got really mad. To make a long story short i got let go from work cause the boss could see we could not work together anymore. So it is 5 months later the boss phoned me to come back cause he knew i could not find work. It is the same story all over again. I am still in love with the girl. And she still does not want to talk or even be my best friend anymore. We only say one
word to eachother the whole day and that is "Morning". She was never my girlfriend but why am i so hung up on her. I never felt so strong about anyone! How can i forget about her cause i see her everyday and it is hardbreaking not to talk too her.

,,,,,

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/06

Hi A,

I think you maybe need to take a step back from this situation & look at it as a third person might. I think for you to be let go from work, your interest in her must have become quite unacceptable. It also sounds like you have a nice boss as the person seems to be understanding in your welfare.
I would suggest that you try not thinking of her so much, but as you said this is even more difficult coz you work together. It is quiet obvious though that she may not want to be romantically involved with you, so maybe you should try to understand that at first. She may still want your friendship but could be inclined to keep away right now as she may be assuming that she might have done something to lead you onto that feeling.
Working together is not a good idea at this time, but also thinking of her in this way isn't good either. I would say try stop focusing on what you may be wanting so badly right now & try consider the uncomfortable situation you're putting others through at the moment.

She does not seem to want to give you any more "hints", direct or otherwise, so I would say that you try as best as you can to get her out of your system, move on. Go out, have fun, meet friends, go visiting... just do anything that would allow you to think about other things but her.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun