Question

How to get motivated and stay there

I am a single parent to a 5 year old. I am with my daughter 24hrs a day, 365 days a year with the exception of when she is at school and I am at work. My family does not reside in the same city as me and I dont have much friends (realised that the friends I had were just sponges). I havent had leave in since last year June and when I do have a day off, i still have to make sure that my daughter is ready for daycare etc. The only outlet I have is the gym and unfortunately they do not have a child care facility so my daughter is with me all the time, and I dont get a proper workout because I am more worried that she will get hurt. I havent had a date in a long time and I told myself that I dont need a partner. Now i am thinking differently, i need an adult in my life that I can talk to, someone my age that I can go have dinner with. Recently i found that I am lacking motivation because my life is just very monotonous, dont get me wrong I love my child and my job, but i need a change. I feel that I need to get motivated and make a change in my life but how to I get there and stay there because ideally i am in control of my own present and future.

Good response from Maria. Try to meet other mothers lically, with whom you could share child-sitting duties, so you could each have some me-time off, while being assured the child is being well looked after.
A counsellor could help you clarify your goals and plans to get there from here.

3
Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/29

Does your daughter go on playdates? Ask the teacher who she likes to play with at school, get the parents'' phone number and set up a playdate on a Saturday/Sunday. It doesn''t have to be at your house, you can go to the park or a children''s play place. This will get you into contact with other parents for some adult conversation, and pave the way for playdates that you can drop your daughter off for and have some time to yourself.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Phil | 2011/03/29

Sounds like my life...lol Meeting decent people isn''t easy  to the point where one actually avoids such issues. Sorry  wasn''t much help  hope you find the answers.

Reply to Phil