Question
Posted by: lucky | 2004/11/29

how to get blocked tubes unblocked?

l was recently told by my Gynae that my tubes were blocked. l would like to what options l have in as far as getting them unblocked. Is there a way for me to conceive with my situation?

Your options are tubal surgery or IVF. If your tubes are both blocked then your chances of pregnancy without any treatment are extremely small.

2
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/11/29

You chances are almost zero to conceive when your tubes are blocked. The egg follicle cannot move through the fallopian tubes to the uterus, and the sperm cannot swim up the fallopian tubes to the egg due to the blockage.

You can have the blockage removed with an operation. One day operation, so you will have to take a day off at work.
Ask your gynae about the operation, he should be able to give you more information on the process of unblocking the tubes..

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: BABIE | 2004/11/29

The best way to get them unblocked is to go for an operation, i also had the same problem and don't worry, you still have chances to conceive afterwards. I would advise you to go for the op. soon, actually ur gynae was supposed to come up with solution to the problem. Good luck..

Reply to BABIE