Question
Posted by: Catlover | 2007/04/13

How to get a tick off?

My cat has got a blue/grey tick on his cheek, it has been there for about 2-3 weeks, how can I get it off?

Are you sure it is a tick? If it is you can pluck it off. The tick should come off "head and all".

3
Posted by: Tick Tack | 2007/04/13

I always use clear nail polish if my dogs have a tick and it works like a charm. You just cover the tick with the polish and leave it, the next day it the tick is all shriveld up and you can take it off. We live on a farm and I even use it in the odd cases that a tick finds it's way on my boys who is always outside in the grass and fields.

Reply to Tick Tack
Posted by: Tracy | 2007/04/13

You can also put a small blob of vasiline on the tick. It will then suffocate and fall off.

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Nip-Nip | 2007/04/13

You can put Nail polish remover leave it for few seconds and the tick will loosen itself from the cat and it will be easier for you take it out.
But that is not the solution,why don't you try tick and flea products from the vet.
it is possible there are a lot hiding somewhere and is good to get rid of the problem unlike removing only the one you can see

Reply to Nip-Nip