Question
Posted by: Jay | 2007/03/28

How to forget my flaws?

Hi Doc,
There is this guy I have been seeing for a while, which I am crazy about and he is really into me too. We want to make love and have been talking about it for a while now. I really want to, but I have a physical flaw that is holding me back. I have asymmetrical boobs, which means the one is considerably bigger that the other. I so want to be with him, but he is very well build and I don’t want to disappoint him because he thinks I am perfect. I never told him.

How can I overcome this? Please help!!!

Many people are similarly over-sensitive about normal variations in their bodies, and the problem, of course, is caused by the hypersensitivity and worrying, rather than by the physical aspects that you're worrying about. Actually few women have perfectly symnmetrical boobs ( just as men are often similarly lop-sided ) --- and it really doesn't matter to almost anyone else on earth, so long as you re not worried about it/ I'm sure that the "perfection" he thinks about you is about your personality, not your precise physical dimensions. CBT counselling could help you to rapidly get rid of this concern, and gain in self-confidence.

2
Posted by: Joy | 2007/03/29

Hey Jay..I have plenty of scarring on my body due to operations when i was a child..particularly around my chest area..sometimes (years later) i still have this thing about the clothes i wear, especially these little summer tops, because i do have the body for it..i'm a tiny 25 year old..and everytime i get into a serious relationship with a guy i fear the intimacy because of the scars and his reaction to it. I've learnt that once you really get to know the guy and he really likes WHO you are, WHAT you look like (under your clothes) doesnt really matter as much. If he's a good guy, he'll be sensitive and sympathetic..if its an idiot you picked for a one-nite-stand, then things could be different. If this guy really cares about you, he'll love you regardless of how your boobies look!

Reply to Joy
Posted by: Single Mom | 2007/03/29

I laughed when I was reading your post(pardon me) but it is because it took me 30 years to say to myself, "I am a beautifil person in and out and all I have, God has put there for a reason. Who am I to be ashamed of what God has blessed me with"

Yes it can be hard to get naked for the first time with an attractive person, but wouldn't you rather jst let it go and let him see you for all you are hence let the ball be in his court rather than yours. He'll either get up and leave you or embrace your flaws and make you feel cute and adored. If he loves you, really really loves you, he'll do the second choice.

Who is perfect anyway?

Reply to Single Mom