Question
Posted by: mabrr | 2005/12/08

how to flatten tummy after birth??

hello

I gave birth in jan and till today my tummy is still not looking good, i have tried to use abgym beld and other elastic beld but no good results.

can somebody please tell me how do i flatten my stomack i weigh 60 kg before pragnancy i was 55kg i have lost only 5kg without gym after giving birth, but my stomach eish not good.

please tell me how to do it effectively. i have tried jogging but i gain more weight if i jog.

Hi Mabrr

You have to do regular cardio training, like the jogging. I know you gained some weight early on, but I feel that you probably gave up a little too fast. Gaining weight is quite normal when you start up with exercise and it's not a bad thing at all. In fact, it will help you in the long term. What you need to do for weight loss and particularly fat loss is regular cardio. The problem perhaps has been that you are doing these specific ab exercises, and I'm afraid they just don't work. You can do a hundred situps or a hundred crunches a day but they would not do anything for you, because the real problem here is not that you don't have muscle in the abs, it's that there is excess fat storage in the ab areas. Therefore, your training must be geared towards losing fat, and this means cardio training. It is not easy, I know that, but the key is to do regular (4 to 5 times a week) cardio, lasting between 40 and 60 mninutes each time, and to do it over a prolonged period. We are talking 4 to 6 months to see change that matters. It doesn't happen overnight, unfortunately.