Question
Posted by: KP | 2008/07/09

How to determine my cycle?

Dear Doc

I've been making notes for the past 4-5 months of when my menstruation starts, and what I've come to realise is that each time my number of days in the cycle differs i.e one month 28days, then 35 days, then back to 29 days and so on. So am I right to say that detecting ovualtion time differs each month?

We now want to try for our second one, and I'm a bit confused how to determine my ovulation time. Do I count my last menstruation date as in the one for July 05? or is it for the one in June?

In June I ovulated round about day 18 or 19 as I used ovulation kit to get an indication and I felt the pre menstual symptoms, with regards to the cervical mucus I changed over from thin sticky to creamy lotion white breakable discharge.

Now for July 05 I come to a 28 day cycle, so do I take it from there? ie month by month?

You will have to take it month by month. With irregular periods, the best way to predict ovulation is with an ovulation predictor kit.

1
Posted by: KP | 2008/07/10

Many thanks for responding, one last question - when you count the amount of days in your cycle, is it the days from before to the current period ie had my periods 7 june, and this month 5 July do I count the days between them to determine my cycle days or from 5 July till the next period?

Reply to KP