Question
Posted by: almost happy | 2007/12/03

how to be happy

I've lost so much over the last while and had gone into a deep depression. So much so that i was convinced I'd loose the new job I was blessed with. With Xmas coming and having nothing much to offer my 3 kids as a single mom,loosing my partner to another woman, having no support system it didn't seem worth getting up in the morning. I was in a job I don't really enjoy, far from family and friends. My partner walked out on me with all my savings, leaving us in so much debt.I stopped taking an interest in my home, my appearance, everything....all I did was work and sleep and cry!

A month ago I heard the following being said, live as if you're happy, as if you enjoy your life and eventually you will. So I spent some extra effort on my appearance, woke up everyday with a smile on my face, done everything with joy and even though it's only been a few days, the world already seems brighter. I got compliments, and my work which i hated was such fun today. I'm far from healed, but I took the first step.

It worked for me, it might just work for you!. Tonight i'm going home, and instead of hurting because there is no partner to go home to, I'm excited to see my 3 kids and share a great eve with them. We don't have much to eat, so it's pancakes, and it's so much fun making it with them.Mind over matter..... if you believe things will improve, they will. Can't wait to experiance even more joy. I'll probably still hurt now and then, but I won't allow that to take up all my life. I control what I think and do... i have the power to be happy and so do you.

Try it, one day at a time, that's what i'm doing

Thanks for sharing that, a.h ! Actually, there's quite a bit of research to support that policy. If one starts by behaving confidently, one starts to feel confident, and so on. Congratulations on taking charge of the situation, and starting to turn it round and heading in the right direction --- good for you !

3
Posted by: Minnie Mouse | 2007/12/03

I needed that. So THANK YOU so much.
You've actually made a world of difference just sharing what helps you, so it can help others. You've certainly helped me.

Go on shining ray of sunshine! Your increased happiness awaits you, so does mine.

Reply to Minnie Mouse
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/03

Almost Happy, I hope in your next post, you will call yourself "Happy" also wishing you everything of the best. Remember as you are "pretending" to be happy, and living it, your brain interprets that you ARE happy, acting as your are, you become happy. You will attract all good positive things in your life. May God Bless You. Say these positive affirmations "I am wealthy" "My life is abundant" "I share my wealth with others"

Affirmations are short statements that we make to co-create our reality. "I am blessed" Make them short, believable and action words, be specific. There is more than enough for everyone. I am prosperous. The world is abundant. I am rich and I share my riches with everyone.

Good Luck!!!a

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/03

Thanks, almost happy, how nice to share that with us today!
I hope you grow from strength to strength!!!

Reply to Hope*