Question
Posted by: ANN | 2007/05/21

How to avoid muscle loss?

How much muscle can a woman lose if she takes a week off of stregth training to recover from flue? Will maintaining a high protein intake help avoid any muscle loss, or is a week nothing to worry about? I train 5 days a week, two muscle groups a day, one day heavy cardio.

Hi Ann

You'll lose hardly any - a week is a really short time and so if you start from a reasonable level, one week is probably going to cause almost no change at all. In fact, in some instances, if the person has been training really hard, it could even do them good. So I would not worry about it, you are unlikely to see a massive change. The main difficulty whe you return to gym is that you will feel weak, because your body is weakened by having to deal with flu. However, don't get despondent, because over a period of about a week, you'll regain all that strength and be able to take up exactly where you left off.

Ross

1
Posted by: james | 2007/05/23

i have stopped my excersice 2 months before and now i am loosing my weight.My chest was 42 during excersice and now it came to 37 what should i do.

Reply to james