Question
Posted by: Att: Lady man | 2007/05/04

How to address the parents (continue)

I am really attached to my dad. I guess it is difficult for him to see that I found a boyfriend and spend time with my boyfriend.

I am growing up and I dont think I should live with my parents forever. . .

But I dont want to disappoint him. But he wont let go

,,,,,

4
Posted by: Annie | 2007/05/04

I think this is a hoax

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Lady man | 2007/05/04

You stil did not mentioned how old you are. If yo are stil under the legal age, then I suggest that you listen to your parents and do what they say. If you are over 21 then I would suggest you talk to your parents and tell them that you are now old enough to make your own decisions, but you will still need their adice if ask for it. BUT THE BIG THING IS SHOW THEM YOU HAVE RESPECT FOR THEM. You will also have to tell them that you will not forget what you have learn from them. REMEMBER my words ITS really is not that easy to let children go if they have stayed with you for that long and now you need to let go.

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: HOH | 2007/05/04

parents never let go... some at least. don't worry you are not alone. Go for therapy, I advise CBT to be able to evaluate this struggle and the values that come with their bringing you up so that you can can 1. be able to stand up (politely) on them; 2. provide alternative to your sibblings and 3. not to be that clinging and never let go kind of parent in future.

Reply to HOH
Posted by: Annie | 2007/05/04

How old are you ?

Reply to Annie