Question
Posted by: Want to get married | 2007/05/04

How to address the parents

I have been going out with a guy for 1 year and 7 months. . . We want to take things to the next level by atleast getting engaged for now. . . But when I discuss it with my parents they dont want me to get married .. .

What do I do?

I waited long enough and I know its the right thing to do.

Don't focus the discussion on "married or not" but talk through WHY they don't want you to marry now --- do they never want you to marry ( why ?), or not to marry THIS man at any time ? or not to marry anyone at this time and age ?

2
Posted by: Lady man | 2007/05/04

How old are you. Maybe your parents does not like the boyfriend. If i were you I will respect my parents and not take it to the next level. Remember parents are right most of the times and they think that this man is not for you. Also remember if you see somebody for the first time you sometimes get the feeling that you do not like that person. But again it is up to you, if you are old enough.

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: Estie | 2007/05/04

How old are you? Why wouldn't they want you to get married?

Reply to Estie