Question
Posted by: confused | 2004/11/15

how to ...

how do u let go of bitterness and anger, i know it only hurts me but how do u get past it and go on with ur life. especially as god says we must but it's easier said than done. we are supposed to love and bless our enemies, maybe i'm a bit doff but i dont see how. please explain.

If there was an easy answer to that one, which would fit into this space, and if I knew it, I could make a fortune and bring about world peace next weekend. Actually, I don't think that very broad answers to such important and deep questions are useful --- it's more valuable for you to pursue this in counselling, looking at specific examples of how this impacts on you, and finding specific ways of dealing with them

3
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/15

Hey C,

How about starting with yourself!!! Look within, you'd be quite amazed what you would find that brings a warm feeling to your mind.
As I also said, know that you are entitled to be hurt, so take the time you need to give these feelings their due, but don't dwell on it.

Loving yourself shows, so much so that others are drawn to you by the positive "air" you project. Then you choose who you would like to share this love with.

Be careful of over-doing it to the point of conceit...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: confused | 2004/11/15

well shaun you say "to choose to love again" - sure, who?

Reply to confused
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/15

Hi C,

First off, you are not doff!!!
Bitterness & anger is often a result of being hurt. Accept that you are entitled to feeling this way. Take time out to feel this way. Then let go of it. Don't allow it to determine the path your life takes, but do let it to be a reminder of how you would like things to be in the future. In other words, use it as a lesson well learnt, but not as a deciding factor in what/who you are.

I'm not sure how you've been hurt, but I would suggest that you recognise that you are allowed to give these feelings their due consideration, but don't dwell on it that it makes you withdraw into yourself.

The best part about loving, is knowing that you can decide to fall in love all over again.

The choice is ultimately yours C. Yes it is easier said than done. But do you know why we are intelligent? Because we have the capability to choose. We are entrusted with this right, the only hope that God has in us is that we choose wisely. It's not his fault if we choose wrongly.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun