Question
Posted by: dee | 2003/12/08

how tired is normal tired?

I am 7 weeks pregnant, and so tired I cannot do my normal day to day stuff, I love gym and cannot get there at all.
All i want to do is sleep and lie down. I go to work for a few hours then go home and get on my bed till the next day.
Also i am not throwing up, but have a lingering nausea that lasts all day long, I used to love salas, now cant even look at it. There is not much that I feel like eating because oof the nausea. Plain food doesnt help either, nothing looka sppetising, yet I am hungry? Is all this normal?

As the other respondents have said, this is all very normal. There is not much you can do about the tiredness. If you cannot eat much at this stage, try to at least take fluids.

5
Posted by: Norma | 2003/12/09

Hi Girls,

I'm 7weeks pregnant and I want to sleep.....sleep....sleep.
I'm going on leave next week, and all I could think about is sleep,
I was never a late sleeper and 8 would be late for me to get up,
But on Saturday 11 was to early for me.
I really hope this ends soon, and I think this heat is also not helping.
If you girls do find something that takes this feeling away, please let me know.....
At the moment I can only eat brown bread with tomato and Aromat , I dont even try something els.

Well good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/08

I was also very tired in the first few weeks, but unlike Kate, once I reached about 14 weeks the exhaustion lifted. I'm 30 weeks now and get tired sometimes in the evenings.
Ginger Ale (the fizzy kind you buy in a tin) or a tea made from grated ginger root (grate it and pour hot water over it) will help with the nausea feeling - I know though that sometimes you just wish you could throw up to get rid of the feeling - this only helps for a few minutes. Also, try to never let your stomach be empty - eat fruit or provita's etc constantly if you can, or at least every 2 hours - this and the giner ale together help a lot. Also try sucking something like lollipops or boiled sweets - they're full of sugar though so can affect your weight and aren't all that good for your teeth. The nausea will go away somewhere between 10 and 14 weeks.
Just rest as much as you can.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/08

I am 27 weeks now and can tell you that I am still so tired. It eased up slightly for me but not that much. I need to sleep every afternoon and am terrible before 10am. But I can't sleep or rest as I work fulltime. I even have a second job which I do in the evenings and weekends. So I can relate to the awful feelings of tiredness and can just say that you must rest whenever you can.

Fortunately I stop working at the end of Jan and will have at least a month to try and catch up with myself.

Best of luck, take it easy and rest whenever you can.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/08

Hi Bee and Dee
welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy!! I am now 13w 4 days and still sleep my days away.
I do not know what amount of sleep or tiredness is normal - listen to your body and sleep when necessary.
Promise you that your body is hard at work - when I went for my 9 weeks scan the baby was head to butt only 2cm and at 12 weeks he was 8.70cm, so that shows you that your tiredness is not for nothing - that baby is growing!!
Take care and enjoy your sleep - I do for sure!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Bee | 2003/12/08

Hello Dee

I am just over 6 weeks pregnant, and feel exactly the same as you. I am so tired all the time, and my job is so boring that that does not help either. I keep on feeling as though I am starving, but when I come to eat something, I don't feel like eating anything. I am now trying to eat something small every two hours at work and this seems to help me a bit. I am not nauseous either, but just feel so hungry all day. I cannot wait for these dreadful feelings and tiredness to go away. You are so lucky you can leave work and go home and sleep, if only I could do that!!

Keep well and good luck.

Reply to Bee