Question
Posted by: pregnant? | 2008/05/26

how soon will test show positive

How soon after conception (day 14) will a home pregnancy (urine) test show positive. On day 31 I took a test which showed negative - my cycle usually starts on day 30/31. I am now on day 34.

Dear Pregnant
Most home pregnancy tests should show positive on the day that you are expecting your period. However it is always better to rather do a blood pregnancy test if you are suspecting that you may or may not be pregnant as the blood pregnancy test is much more accurate than home pregnancy test which has some degree of being falsely positive or falsely negative.

1
Posted by: Tamika | 2008/05/26

Why not go for a blood test which is 100% accurate? I did a hpt on a Saturday and it came out neg - the following Monday I went for blood tests and the test was positive!

Reply to Tamika