Question
Posted by: Cloe | 2004/10/12

How soon update

I did a HPT and it said negative, however the test was one of these cheap HPT and I am so worried that it is not correct. I should be getting my period next week monday. Could it be that I want to be pregnant so badly that I am imagining all of this?

It was too early to do a test. If you do not get a period next week then do a test

2
Posted by: rene | 2004/10/12

Hi Cloe,

If you are only due for your period next week Monday then I think it is wee bit too early to do a preg test.

I think you should wait till you missed your period by a day or so and then repeat the test. I did 3 HPT tests after my missed and it was all negative. I then did a blood test as well about 5 days after my missed period and the count was too low to say that I was preg I then repeated the blood test 3 days later and it was positive. I am now 17 weeks.

So I think you should wait a little more and try again. I know it is very difficult to wait.

Let us know.
Rene

Reply to rene
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/12

It cuold be that it is too soon to do a test. Wait until next week to see if your period arrives or not. If it doesn't then do a test again.

A relative of mine said that she read an article that says the body prepares itself to conceive and hence we tend to feel these strange symptoms that indicate that we may be pregnant. So it oculd be that your body is preparing itself to conceive.

Reply to Shirls