Question
Posted by: Cubby | 2008/01/27

How soon to know if I'm pregnant

Hi Doctor

Just want to know when will I know if I'm pregnant after I had artificial Insemination,I took fertimed and gonal f injections which made four eggs ripe,I'm very nervous and would want to know.I had two failed IUI,that's why they tried the pills and the injections.

Thanks,Cubby

The treatment protocol that you have been prescribed is certainly one that yields a fairly high success rate with IUI provided of course that all the indications for performing IUI have been conformed to. A sensitive blood pregnancy test (beta hcg quantitative) may detect a positive pregnancy within 12 days of performing the IUI.

3
Posted by: Ria | 2008/02/07

I had my periods a week ago, but I still get period pains?

Reply to Ria
Posted by: cubby | 2008/02/05

Hi doctor

I got my period on saturday which was day 11 after I had IUI,My period was red with thick blood clots,does it mean that I could have been pregnant?Just want to know when is the best time to start again with the treatment,must I give my body a rest or can I start straight away.

Reply to cubby
Posted by: Dooi | 2008/01/29

Aren't you suppose to go back to your gynae? I did that as well and they took a blood test to see if I'm pregnant, unfortunately I am not pregnant, not even after IVF!

Hope your pregnant, let me know as soon as you find out!!!

Reply to Dooi