Question
Posted by: Leo | 2008/05/25

How soon can someone be an egg donor?

How long should someone's "resting period" be after having a baby before she can be an egg donor?

Dear Leo
It normally takes about 6 weeks for the uterus and ovaries to return to normal after having a baby. However it would be wise to wait at least 6 months before considering being an egg donor.

2
Posted by: Morgan | 2008/10/07

I am looking for a young (21-33), healthy (non-smoker) woman, who lives in Jhb to donate eggs to me. I am 34, happily married and desperate to have a child. I have been diagnosed with " early ovarian ageing"  therefore unable to use my own eggs. My husband &  I have had one unsuccessful IVF, and would like to do our next IVF early in 2009.

Please respond if you are interested in helping me.

Reply to Morgan
Posted by: NEW | 2008/05/26

Hi Leo

Your period must be regular for 3 months before you can donate eggs...

Reply to NEW