Question
Posted by: Chant | 2004/10/28

How soon after babies born?

How soon after baby's born can you have sexual intercourse.? What contreceptive methods do you use? I would hate to fall pregnant soon after.

If you had a normal delivery with no stitches, two weeks should be fine. If you had a caesarean, you should wait 6 weeks. You could use either the injectable or the Mini=pill.

3
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/10/31

Basically you can have sex as soon as you are ready.

Generally it's stated as 6 weeks, as that gives everything a chance to heal and shrink again.

If you have a tear you'll want to wait fot that to heal nicely first.

My mid-wife always said it's a mental block that you need to get through. She said a wait a couple of week, but not too long, as the longer you wait the harder it gets, as you develop a mental block, especially after vaginal birth...

I think I tried again at between 3-4 weeks both times, so that at the 6 week check I could report that we tried and everything was working fine ;)

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Norma | 2004/10/28

I waited till after my 6weeks check-up, but it's up to you.

Just remember that the pill will take a while to work again.

Enjoy

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Blue | 2004/10/28

If you breastfeedig your doctor will probably put you on a mild contraceptive that is good enough while breastfeedin but not strong enough for whe you've stopped.

My Dr. told make it was up to me when I start having sex.

Reply to Blue