Question
Posted by: maya | 2004/01/26

how safe is the pill and condom?

Can I fall pregnant at all if I'm on the pill and my boyfriend uses a condom? Is it 100% safe or say just 90 - 99% safe?

Nothing is 100% safe, but your contraception would be more than 99% safe if used correctly.

4
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/27

Hi Maya

I also thought one can be 100% safe while on the pill and using the condom.

My best friend fell pregnant this way and she had a healthy boy in September last year. She took her pills regularly because she and her husband didn't want children after at least 4 years.

Guess there's always a chance of falling pregnant when using the pill and condoms.

Reply to Anita
Posted by: Emzo | 2004/01/27

I would also like to know as I has some funny symptons early in the month.

Reply to Emzo
Posted by: sam | 2004/01/27

The pill on its own is very safe (99% I think), provided you take it properly. If you use condoms as well, I'd say you're 100% safe - so no need to worry!

Reply to sam
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/27

If you take the pill at the same time everyday and use a condom I don't think there's any chance for pregnancy! Just take the pill at the same time and don't skip. I don't think you have to worry at all.

Good luck!

Reply to ciska