Question
Posted by: Steve | 2007/03/03

How reliable andaccurate are hiv tests

I put myself at risk 8 years ago. I have had numerous test and they have all come back negative. Can I now accept after 8 years that I am negative and get on with my life or could there still be a chance of never showing positive and being pos.
I have no symptoms and am well - THIS WAS 8 YEARS AGO AND MY LAST TEST WAS IN 2005 . I guess I am just being paranoid but I just doubt the accuracy of elissa even 8 years after incident.
Please advise?

Dear Steve
Do a viral load test ( PCR) this is the most sensitive and will give you closure.