Question
Posted by: mimi | 2004/10/14

How much will I loose

I take in 895cal on averege a day and burn 1162cal on averege a day = I burn 267 cal more than I take in is it at all possible to give me and indication on how much I will loos in a week , am I eating enough cal a day ? thanks , my current weight is 76kg and I am 1.67m , my goal weight is 63kg.

Dear Mimi
I think that your diet is too restricted, you should be ingesting 1500 kcal a day, not less than a 1000 as you are doing. If you use such a low-energy diet and still do so much exercise then you will get very tired and depressed and your body may switch off its weight loss mechanisms in view of perceived 'starvation'. I would recommend that you increase your energy intake to 1500 kcal a day. Your goal weight is fine as this would give you a BMI of 22,6 compared to your present BMI of 27 which is above the normal range.
Take care