Question
Posted by: Mischia05 | 2007/02/19

How much pocket money

My son turned 13 in november, he has been asking for money to buy sometihing at breaktime, iam just confused as to whom i should listen to. My sister tells me i should not give him any money at all . I do feel at his age he needs atleast R5 for his break.
What do i do? Iam a single mother , his father died when he was 9 month and i dont leave with him due to financial reasons.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

as his mom if you feel that you want to give him pocket money and that it is not too excessive then try it out and see how it goes. R5 should be enough for him to buy a snack.

its also worth finding out what the other parents at his school do - there wont be the same for everyone but it will give you an idea of other parents decisions.

1
Posted by: Alet | 2007/03/09

Pack him a snack that consist of a healthy sanwich and fruit. And give him R10 once a week to spoil himself at the tuckshop. To much money cause obese children. He will thank you one day.

Reply to Alet