Question
Posted by: Mr R | 2003/12/10

How much legg training?

I've been training very hard now for a while and getting good results. My only concern is leg training. I dont know if I do enough. My goal is to look as good as I can. I bulk fairly easy but wont ever be a Arnold, or close. I do weights Mo-> Fri with legs only on Wednesday. For legs I do squads, leg presses (loads), leg extention and calves (loads). After that I can't even walk properly and can only start doing cardio again on Friday. I do cardio Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat. Usually a jog and a cycle in the gym. So - is training my legs once a week enough to increase size ? I dont want to cut the cardio because I have to loose another 7 kg fat.

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Mr R,

I think the legs regime you are doing is fine. I'm assuming that you train one body part per day on the other days? Keep up with the cardio as well.

The leg program you have described to me sounds adequate and the pain associated with it afterwards seems to verify this fact. There is only one way we can see if your program is working for you-are your legs growing and are you seeing results? That is one of the primary factors to take into account.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

1
Posted by: Mr R | 2003/12/11

No... - Mon+Thurs = chest, basck, abs
Tue+Fri=Bi/Tri/Shoulders.

I hit my body very hard every work out and these body parts recoup fast enough so that the next training session I am fine. Even the next day I am only a bit stiff. But the legs, man - they are SORE for 2 days...

But thanx for tip - I want start measuring my body parts to objectively review size changes. So far I have just done the look in a mirror thing and ensured that I push extra weight all the time...

Reply to Mr R